2 Xboxes new Router
atrueland

Still having trouble with getting 2 xbox consoles to work at the same time.  Several calls to Verizon did not help.  They say it is not their issue.  I have an actiontec rev g router.  I am pretty confident this is the source of trouble.  Also certain games on xbox report on the connection quality.  They keep reporting poor upstream performance.  Good down stream and good packet transfer.  Games also keep dropping for bad connection.  The boxes are wired directly to the router.  I have TV service.  A speed check reports close to my 35/35 specs.

Had no trouble with 2 xboxes on DSL weird.  Does xbox live adjust fast connections ?

Has anyone had success with 2 boxes on the latest actiontec router ?  I hope the newest router will support 2 xboxes or I will have to think about getting a different provider.

Jersey Player

0 Likes
Re: 2 Xboxes new Router
XxFUZZxX
Enthusiast - Level 1

On your xboxs do you have everything setup on the network to automatically get IP address and DNS servers ?

0 Likes
atrueland

Both boxes use DHCP and UPnP turned on.  I can't join party of second xbox  Each box works just can't play together..  Possible small NAT table or poor UPnP support.  My neighbor has the new router.  I may try two boxes on their router.

Is there some secret setting to change the NAT to full-cone ?

Jersey Player

0 Likes
XxFUZZxX
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the same problem restore your router to factory settings reboot then hook up both consoles and try it again. I did that and it wroked for me.

0 Likes
atrueland

You must rename the xboxes from newhost.  This will allow the plug and play to work.  However, the xboxes keep reverting back to new host.  If one box is active you can see the ports being forwarded via UPnP, but if both are active no ports are seen under port forwarding.

I don't think this router is ver good at UPnP.

0 Likes
XxFUZZxX
Enthusiast - Level 1

dont touch anything on the router after you restore to factory setting plug them in after reboot then the router should assign each xbox with forwarding ports 

0 Likes
atrueland

I thought that is all that should be needed also XxFUZZXx.  I had a three-way call with verizon and Actiontec and actiontec said I needed to re-name xbox's.  I will agree with Actiontec on this that it is better when they are given new host names.  I don't understand why this has to happen, but there is a difference when they are re-named.

I e-mailed Actiontec and discussed what I thought was the problem about ports not getting assigned correctly and they gave me a very short response : "that sounds about right" I was so disappointed.  The same ports are still being useed instead of assigning a different port in the range to the second box.

I use to have DSl with an xbox approved netgear router and had thee boxes going all in the same party no trouble.  I guess Verizon does not think there will be more then one gaming console per household.

Jersey Player

0 Likes
XxFUZZxX
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ya there support is horrible. It could be the modem that verizon gave to you if you cant get it to work I would call them and tell them your having problems with your internet cutting in and out and they will send you a new router for free to see if thats the problem had to do that a couple times myself.

0 Likes
sheemx360

HELP PLEASE !!!! can anyone help me out i got verizon dsl on july 25 2012 now i talked to the people before hand and I told them i would have two xboxs streaming and one lapttop they said sure 3 mbs dsl was good enough to do this because that is all thats available in my area. ok the first day it worked great i was so happy and 55$ a month fit my budget but yesterday it was terrible  i mean if my son was watching netflix and i tried it or hulu it would not work good for me at all the movie kept buffering i did the speed test i wasnt even getting 1mbps so i called tech support he said it was peak hours or something but i was online all day the first day with both xboxes and my laptop and it was fine he told me i was getting the max but the verizon speed test did not confirm that to be true. so what can i do any help would be appreciated the are both hooked up wireless could this be the problem i just need to stream both and they said this was possible but not true i dont wanna cancel i lost my job last  month and this fits the budget far as tv for me and my son but if anyone has had this problem with 3 mbps and know two xbox360 cannot stream netflix at the same time on dsl 3 mbps please let me know so i can find something that will. they did not explain all this peak hours etc to me i have no idea at a certain time i cant stream a movie or i would not have gotten it

by the way i have actiontec modem now my friend stays right next door same building 12 apts  have the same service but an older model modem and me and my son used wifi to connect to it and it was great for 3 weeks no problem espn-hulu-neflix all worked same time both boxes on live all day he le me use it and thats why i wanted to get verizon dsl but im lost now its not the same for me

thanks to all sorry about run on sentences i have to run and just need  help i find it customers help better than tech supp lol

0 Likes