Switch Account

2 internet providers?

Highlighted
Contributor TreeMarie84
Contributor
Message 1 of 5
(2,211 Views)
Question for anyone! I need to get my own internet line. My roommate has cox cable, we pay $60 a month for really crappy Internet. Everything lags, and she refuses to update the router/modem or switch providers. So I was wondering if I would be able to get my own line to the house for myself?

Thanks everyone!
4 REPLIES 4
Silver Contributor IV
Silver Contributor IV
Message 2 of 5
(2,192 Views)

That's really a question for your landlord.

Is FIOS already available in your building?  If not, your landlord will have to give permission to VZ to install FIOS.

It also depends on how your apartment is wired.  e.g.  If Cox is already using the coax in your apartment, then VZ can't use that coax. 

Silver Contributor III
Silver Contributor III
Message 3 of 5
(2,153 Views)

Oops!

Contributor TreeMarie84
Contributor
Message 4 of 5
(2,149 Views)

She had Verizon once upon a time. I don't care about running ana extra cable to the house lol. I asked him once before and didn't give me a straight answer (doesn't help with the landlord is also the roomates family lol)

Thank You for the response.

Silver Contributor II
Silver Contributor II
Message 5 of 5
(2,124 Views)

If VZ does not work out you could look into Netzero mobile broadband or home wireless. (But it can get pricey if you use a lot of GB/month) http://www.netzero.net/start/showPocDevices.do?wls_poc=mifi

If a forum member gives an answer you like, please give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem. Thanks !!!
http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-net-Email/Fix-for-Missing-Inbox-sent-folders-etc-with-Internet-Explorer-11/m-p/647399
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.