2 months of VERY slow uploads
iambenny62

We are paying for 50/50 internet and are consistently getting 50/0.5. I have spoken to over a dozen tech reps and have had 3 FiOS visits to our home. This is getting rediclious and we are going to call again tomorrow. Here are our troubleshooting steps thus far:

1. Reboot 🙂
  2. Unplug EVERYTHING from the Actiontec router except a single desktop & run speedtest (disabled WIFI too)
  3. Installed new Actiontec router sent by Verizon
  4. Tried 3 different computers each hardwired to the router w/ same lousy results
  5. Cleared all cache, tried different browsers, tried multiple speedtest sites (Verizon, Speedtest.net, DslReports)
  6. Tech installed new splitters & measured coax signal above -13dB
  7. Tech installed new ONT outside
  8. Tech tested PON connection
  9. Tech tested speed at both the ONT & Router using his device
  10. Tech completely bypassed coax and ran new ethernet from ONT to router WAN port
  11. Tried bypassing Verizon DNS and used Google DNS (8.8.8.8 & 4.4.4.4)

The last few ones were today. On each of the last 2 visits, both the tech and myself wittnessed the upload speed reaching over 40mbps. Both times we cheered the problem was solved. Both times (and right now) the speed tests are sub 1mbps.

I tried uploading a 90MB file to Google Drive and confirmed that it was chugging along at 3mbps.

What else can we possibly do? We are getting fed up. Photo uploads to social media take forever. Websites sometimes stop responding. Verizon tech reps on phone are hit or miss. Everyone has a different solution. The 11 points above represent the cumulative knowledge of Verizon thus far.

0 Likes
Re: 2 months of VERY slow uploads
iambenny62

And within a 30 min window, speeds are all over the board.  We see this periodic boost in speeds only to regress back under 1

imageimageimageimage

imageimage

0 Likes
Re: 2 months of VERY slow uploads
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

Hi iambenny62,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases." You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe." Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes