20 Mbps instead of 50?
kirkpatrickje

I recently switched from 25/25 internet to 50/25 and have not seen any increase inspeed whatsoever.  I only get 18-23 Mbps when I use Verizon's speedtest on a WIRED CONNECTION!!!!...What can I do to get anything approaching the 50 Mbps I am paying for?

0 Likes
Re: 20 Mbps instead of 50?
PJL
Master - Level 3

@kirkpatrickje wrote:

I recently switched from 25/25 internet to 50/25 and have not seen any increase inspeed whatsoever.  I only get 18-23 Mbps when I use Verizon's speedtest on a WIRED CONNECTION!!!!...What can I do to get anything approaching the 50 Mbps I am paying for?

I would contact Verizon, via chat or Twitter as these methods are easier than calling.  It sounds like you're circuit was not upgraded properly.

0 Likes
Re: 20 Mbps instead of 50?
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

@kirkpatrickje wrote:

What type device are using to measure your speed?  Mac?  Windows (which version)?

Do you have another device you can run a speed test with hardwired into your router?  While there may indeed be a problem with the service you're getting from Verizon, if I saw your symptoms I would try another computer to elimiate the problem being with a particular machine.

You might also try www.speedtest.net also.  I've found their results to be pretty reliable.

0 Likes