2010 deferred charge
VZfreer

Finally get free from FIOS price hike and horrible attitude to old customers treated as trash.

Surprisingly, the final bill shows:

7/157/15FiOS Internet 25/25 (removed)

FiOS Internet 20/5 Deferred charge for 06/10/2010 to 06/15/2010

Change in Service and Partial Month Subtotal

$8.26

Current Activity Total

$8.26

What's wrong with you Fios? Your billing Dept who confirmed there is no more balance so long as I returned the old shabby never upgraded router, which I did!I

What is such a ridiculous charge claimed by you from 2010? You have charged me a whoppy high prices for 2 years and you want more nickles and dimes like vampires?

Come on Fios, be eithical and be reasonable, and make your billing Dept behave like they are from a lawful US business with some basic conciousness!

Please remove this charge or I will have to write to whatever coporate head address I may find, and publish the horror  story all over the websites. Well you may not be afraid as there have been a bunch of victims but I will still speak loud as this is supposed to be the free world!!!

0 Likes
Re: 2010 deferred charge
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please visit our Support page for a variety of ways to contact Verizon, including “Ask Verizon,” our virtual chat agent, and customer support phone numbers.

0 Likes
VZfreer

Hi Lawrence,

First, the community posing option is one of the only 2 options (another is  by phone) given by VZF for final billing related issues.

Second, the virtual agent is meaningless as it neither has explanation on such deferred charges nor help resolve the dispute.

My understanding is this commnuity is supposed to be a platform for sharing all the experience and support needs of FIOS users. While I am leaving FIOS, I have my right to remind the current and future users how a giant company is treating its customers with dirty practice. FIOS speed and quality may be good, but the service and price are truly disappointing.

I hope instead of reminding me not to post complaints here can you forward to any party you may know who can offer some assistance.

Thank you!

0 Likes
Snookered2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Right on!Smiley Happy

0 Likes
VZfreer

Just called 40 minutes transferred and caaled 4 times between FIOS direct billing and VZ finacial services. One said could not see account info and the other could not do adjustments. Finally a lady agreed to coonect me directly to her colleague Patty who helped me out taking care of the charge (I hope this is it! Perhaps have to wait until I see the final revised bill and make sure no screwup after that).

A typical hassle that's why I hate to call VZ for billing issues as many times the departments seem to have broken links.

Thank you for viewing my story! 

0 Likes
joeykryzl
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have removed my verizon internet as I was not getting the speed that they should be providing, only 0.3 - 1.5 mbps while I'm am paying for 7 mbps. I have to wait until the lock-in period was over to prevent any early termination fee. To my surprised, after the internet was removed on Jan 6, 2014, I suddenly received deferred charges amounting to $15 for the month of Dec 2009, yes 2009. How can that be possible?!?. I pay my bill on time and every bill it shows $0.00 balance from previous month, then all of a sudden, deferred internet charges from 4 years ago!!!!

Verizon said this was additional charges 4 years ago that they decided to put in bill when the costumer terminates the service. It's really disappointing when you know you are paying the bills on time and all of a sudden, you will receive charges from many years ago!!!! 

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Have you contacted billing to resolve this?

0 Likes
OldUser1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue with deferred payment. I was a Fios customer for 13 years and recently canceled.  The final bill I received this week has a $7.40 "deferred charge for 07/04/2010 to 07/09/2010".  What is this am why am I being charged 13 years later after years of overpaying for service, totally well over $15,000?

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi OldUser,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Response times may vary. Please continue to check your Inbox for a reply from a Verizon agent. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes