Switch Account

2015, FIOS IPV6

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor
Message 1 of 15
(15,723 Views)

Does anyone know if Verizon is even alpha/beta testing IPV6 on FIOS?  I'd love to sign up / help test.

I will state the obvious that in 2015 IPV6 adoption should be increasing exponentially... Comcast offers it!

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor
Message 2 of 15
(15,714 Views)

Don't worry. It's coming in the 3rd quarter of 2012.

"Verizon is implementing these dual stack upgrades in its FiOS network, and the first upgrades will become available starting in 3Q12. The first phase will include Verizon FiOS customers who have a dynamic IP address."

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 3 of 15
(15,660 Views)

Alpha and beta's were done a long time ago.  Also reportedly some business's have gotten it.  But unfortunately no new info since 2013 has been posted.

Highlighted
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II
Message 4 of 15
(15,643 Views)

I am really surprise see Verizon Fios not moving fast enough to get IPV6!!!TWC support it... 

1.Router: Quantum G1100 (Primary)2.Router :Nighthawk AC1900
3.Speed:75/75 Mbps
4.FIOS TV Ultimate HD
5.FiOS Digital Voice Unlimited
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 5 of 15
(15,537 Views)

@Predator wrote:

I am really surprise see Verizon Fios not moving fast enough to get IPV6!!!TWC support it... 

Verizon as a company is moving very fast to IPV6 and is currently one of the if not the biggest US user of IPv6.  Of course that's almost completely  their Wireless division.  But it does prove there network supports it.

http://www.worldipv6launch.org/measurements/

Unfortunately they probably got a lot of relief because of that so they don't feel the urgency to move faster for their residential clients (HSI and FIOS).

Several of us have been pestering them for updates through various channels.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor
Message 6 of 15
(15,479 Views)

So here we are not able to access the entire internet. Not buying the argument that VZ has the largest v6 network. Thinking I might have to switch to cable to get access to the whole internet.

Highlighted
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II
Message 7 of 15
(15,468 Views)

@aaron16 wrote:

So here we are not able to access the entire internet. Not buying the argument that VZ has the largest v6 network. Thinking I might have to switch to cable to get access to the whole internet.

What part of the internet requires IPV6?

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor
Message 8 of 15
(15,145 Views)

If it's any consolation, speaking as one of the people who helped originally build out AS 701, which is now at the core of the "VZ Business" network, I'm disappointed too. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor
Message 9 of 15
(14,897 Views)

Seriously. Verizon kinda needs to get going with this...

https://www.arin.net/resources/request/ipv4_countdown.html

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor
Message 10 of 15
(14,896 Views)

@aaron16 wrote:

Suggestion: Stand up a 6 over 4 tunnel on your computer. Hurricane Electric offers a tunnel brokering service here: https://tunnelbroker.net/

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.