Re: 20Mb/s somehow receiving under 1mb/s download!
rreichle1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am right there with you I get a consistent 5/5 for the 20/5 connection I pay for I am probably just gonna drop the extra speed off the acct since I am not getting it anyway I guess years of listening to concast tell me it was my problem has jaded me but I will give customer support a try.

I have removed everything and connected straight to the router reset all on my equipment over and over and still 5/5 it really is very disappointing and I don't think any optimizer will suddenly give me the 20/5 I should have but I ran them anyway and I was correct NO CHANGE I really thought this was going to be different when I was with concast I paid for their "Speed boost" and when I didn't get the speed boost I was paying and called to complain they told me that I wasn't guaranteed to get that speed to which I replied "THEN HOW CAN YOU CHARGE ME FOR IT"

Verizon has been pretty good so far so I will give them a shot.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@rreichle1 wrote:

I am right there with you I get a consistent 5/5 for the 20/5 connection I pay for I am probably just gonna drop the extra speed off the acct since I am not getting it anyway I guess years of listening to concast tell me it was my problem has jaded me but I will give customer support a try.

I have removed everything and connected straight to the router reset all on my equipment over and over and still 5/5 it really is very disappointing and I don't think any optimizer will suddenly give me the 20/5 I should have but I ran them anyway and I was correct NO CHANGE I really thought this was going to be different when I was with concast I paid for their "Speed boost" and when I didn't get the speed boost I was paying and called to complain they told me that I wasn't guaranteed to get that speed to which I replied "THEN HOW CAN YOU CHARGE ME FOR IT"

Verizon has been pretty good so far so I will give them a shot.

Sorry to here your having such a rough time. I would call tech support and complain until it was fixed. I get 19~/4~ consistantly.

0 Likes
jackwong
Enthusiast - Level 3

Which package of FIOS internet service you have? 15/5? 25/25? 50/20?(Mbps)

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@jackwong wrote:

Which package of FIOS internet service you have? 15/5? 25/25? 50/20?(Mbps)

20/5 because that is what was offered a while back. The bundles you mention are the newer bundles. When I started with FIOS when it was launched I had 15/2, and that was before TV was available anywhere.

0 Likes
jackwong
Enthusiast - Level 3

I think it is just a unit convert problem, and how many server can actually give you 25MBps download speed?

I am going to install FIOS(25/25)as well, I wonder how Verizon determine if I am getting the "full" speed?

0 Likes