Switch Account

20Mb/s somehow receiving under 1mb/s download!

20Mb/s somehow receiving under 1mb/s download!

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Re: 20Mb/s somehow receiving under 1mb/s download!

Message 11 of 15
(5,911 Views)

I am right there with you I get a consistent 5/5 for the 20/5 connection I pay for I am probably just gonna drop the extra speed off the acct since I am not getting it anyway I guess years of listening to concast tell me it was my problem has jaded me but I will give customer support a try.

I have removed everything and connected straight to the router reset all on my equipment over and over and still 5/5 it really is very disappointing and I don't think any optimizer will suddenly give me the 20/5 I should have but I ran them anyway and I was correct NO CHANGE I really thought this was going to be different when I was with concast I paid for their "Speed boost" and when I didn't get the speed boost I was paying and called to complain they told me that I wasn't guaranteed to get that speed to which I replied "THEN HOW CAN YOU CHARGE ME FOR IT"

Verizon has been pretty good so far so I will give them a shot.

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 12 of 15
(5,909 Views)

@rreichle1 wrote:

I am right there with you I get a consistent 5/5 for the 20/5 connection I pay for I am probably just gonna drop the extra speed off the acct since I am not getting it anyway I guess years of listening to concast tell me it was my problem has jaded me but I will give customer support a try.

I have removed everything and connected straight to the router reset all on my equipment over and over and still 5/5 it really is very disappointing and I don't think any optimizer will suddenly give me the 20/5 I should have but I ran them anyway and I was correct NO CHANGE I really thought this was going to be different when I was with concast I paid for their "Speed boost" and when I didn't get the speed boost I was paying and called to complain they told me that I wasn't guaranteed to get that speed to which I replied "THEN HOW CAN YOU CHARGE ME FOR IT"

Verizon has been pretty good so far so I will give them a shot.

Sorry to here your having such a rough time. I would call tech support and complain until it was fixed. I get 19~/4~ consistantly.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 13 of 15
(5,849 Views)

Which package of FIOS internet service you have? 15/5? 25/25? 50/20?(Mbps)

Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 14 of 15
(5,817 Views)

@jackwong wrote:

Which package of FIOS internet service you have? 15/5? 25/25? 50/20?(Mbps)

20/5 because that is what was offered a while back. The bundles you mention are the newer bundles. When I started with FIOS when it was launched I had 15/2, and that was before TV was available anywhere.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 15 of 15
(5,805 Views)

I think it is just a unit convert problem, and how many server can actually give you 25MBps download speed?

I am going to install FIOS(25/25)as well, I wonder how Verizon determine if I am getting the "full" speed?

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.