25/25 Slow upload speeds
mari_l_taylor

ive had 25/25 for over a year now but i decided to get the tv aswell. After the installation of the tv service i noticed a massive dip in upload speed, im only getting 25/1.8 now. ive ran the optimizer, restarted and powered off every concieveable device in every concieveable order.

im running XP on one machine and vista on the other but for sake of troubleshooting im working off the XP machine. after running the optimizer i noticed a 1mb in crease in dl but no change in upload.Its a Rev D router so it shouldnt be that ancient. So if anyone has any other ideas that i havent thought of please let me know

EDIT* heres the results from verizons speed test after optimization and router unplug

Checking for Middleboxes . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Done
SendBufferSize set to [261360]
running 10s outbound test (client to server) . . . . . 2.05Mb/s
running 10s inbound test (server to client) . . . . . . 28.02Mb/s
Information: Network Middlebox is modifying MSS variable
Server IP addresses are preserved End-to-End

0 Likes
Re: 25/25 Slow upload speeds
Hubrisnxs
Legend

have you tried to reboot the main ONT box?

0 Likes
jbandtina1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the exact same issues.... I have spent over 3 hours with Verizon Tech on the phone/and or computer, replaced the router twice; had two techs come out to the house to check the box and speed entering the house (everything checked out just fine)... it is very frustrating because I am unable to upload any pictures, etc. to any application or site (shutterfly, yahoo email, etc.) Verizon is baffled and can not figure the issue out.  I even had billing remove internet service from my package and reinstate to see if we could jolt a circuit from Verizon (on-site tech recommended)  He thought it may be some sort of programming with my profile... Any help to me or others would be appreciated!  What can I do?

Here is what I was getting:

Checking for Middleboxes . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Done
SendBufferSize set to [261360]
running 10s outbound test (client to server) . . . . . 3.82Mb/s
running 10s inbound test (server to client) . . . . . . 41.81Mb/s

0 Likes
MBK12

I have a similar issue.  Am supposed to have 25/25 service, but Verizon fios speed test says I have  only about 8 Mbps upload.  Other speed tests  say I do have something approaching 25/25.  But 8x8 test says I have poor line quality and I cannot get a Sprint Airave (which is effectively a low power Sprint cell site attached to my internet connection) to work with good quality. Verizon tech was just here and bizarrely says that I should pay no attention to the Verizon FIOS speed test, only to those speed tests that say my speed is correct. 

0 Likes
MBK12

I have a similar issue.  Am supposed to have 25/25 service, but Verizon fios speed test says I have  only about 8 Mbps upload.  Other speed tests  say I do have something approaching 25/25.  But 8x8 test says I have poor line quality and I cannot get a Sprint Airave (which is effectively a low power Sprint cell site attached to my internet connection) to work with good quality. Verizon tech was just here and bizarrely says that I should pay no attention to the Verizon FIOS speed test, only to those speed tests that say my speed is correct. 

0 Likes