$25 gift card runaround
skeptaps

FIOS was recently installed in my area, and Verizon sent a bunch of people in the area letters containing $25 gift cards which they could get redeemed in a couple of days by listening to a pitch about FIOS.

I actually wanted to get FIOS anyways, so great, I call the number provided, listen the pitch, give the call center representative my email and information, and am told that the info for the code will be sent in a couple of days.

2 weeks later, nothing. I call again, using the number of the flyer with the gift card and after waiting on hold for an hour, I get a representative who ignores me and reroutes me to another department, where I wait on hold for another 30 minutes before simply being disconnected. I call again, and have another person who refuses to provide any assistance after claiming complete ignorance of the offer, and at that point I give up.

Frankly, it's only $25 dollars, but if I can't trust Verizon to be honest, up-front, and helpful with something as simple as this, why would I trust you to be my internet provider? It's been an insanely frustrating and obnoxious experience and frankly puts me off the company entirely.

0 Likes
Re: $25 gift card runaround
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

This issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent.