3 Different browsers...3 different speedtest results. Im confused lol
Stagent
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I tried doing a device speed test on Chrome, IE, and Firefox respectively. I wound up with 3 different speedtest results for each.

I will post screenshots of all three and hopefully someone can tell me why they are all drastically different.  1) With Chrome my upload always exceeds my download by a fair margin like this. I have never had a download above 750Mbps on chrome except for once. Most of my download cap out at 650-725. My uploads are always this high. 2) With Internet Explorer, it seems my downloads are where they are supposed to be, but how I wound up with a NEGATIVE upload is beyond me. I tested 3 times with IE and it was never positive, but this was the most negative by far. With Firefox, I get these results all the time. Upload and Download relatively even, but the upload isnt as high as with Chrome. Im very confused. imageChromeimageInternet ExplorerimageFirefox

0 Likes
Re: 3 Different browsers...3 different speedtest results. Im confused lol
jonjones1
Legend

Let me confuse you even more.

verizon Fios only accepts the speeds from their own proprietary network.

https://www.verizon.com/SpeedTest/instantinternet.aspx

No other sites will count if you call about speed issues.

Stagent
Enthusiast - Level 2

yes, thats correct...but all these tests were done from verizons own device speed test site, not an outside service like Ookla. the link you provided is the site I used. So do you have an explaination for that?

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@Stagent wrote:

yes, thats correct...but all these tests were done from verizons own device speed test site, not an outside service like Ookla. the link you provided is the site I used. So do you have an explaination for that?

No other explination other than no tests are always the same.

Last evening I could not access the speed site after 7 PM EDT but at 5 AM EDT I was at blazing fast speeds. Crazy I know.

0 Likes