Re: 35/35/Internet plan but only 8M upload
Andygiddings
Enthusiast - Level 2

Got the Westell router drop shipped today and hooked it up. Problem solved and am now getting upload speeds in to 30M range. Must be some config setting on the Dlink DIR-655 that was causing the issue. Might need to go over to their support boards and see if there is a solution but for now am good to go. Thanks to all those that provided suggestions on resolving this, Andy

viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have a dlink dir 655 running as a 2nd subnet off a Westell router and have no speed issues with that, so you could still get your wireless N up

0 Likes
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

I also use a DIR-601 (Best Buy had 'em on sale for $23 recently)  to get 2.11n.  I have wifi in my Actiontec disabled and the DLink's DHCP disabled.  My Actiontec is set as 192.168.0.1, with DHCP range set to .100-.150.   I set the DLink to 192.168.0.51 and connect it through a ECB2200 MoCA adapater in the middle of the house.

Works great.  Reliable.  No conficts.  It was easy to configure.  It's fast.  I get the same speeds up and down, 43/33 mb/s, through wifi that I get hard wired.  And having the WAP in the center of the house gives me solid coverage in every corner, even though my Actiontec is located in my home office at the far end of our home.

FWIW. Smiley Happy