3rd party eamil address not working for my wife
mpopsicle
Enthusiast - Level 1

1st time poster

We have Verizon Fios TV/Internet/phone.  I'm using earthink as my email address.  My emails have no problem going out using verizon.net as the outgoing server.  My pop3 settings list earthlink.  My wife has an email address through my earthlink account.  My wife's outgoing emails are kicked back with a message that says " the server is rejecting her email address".  I had it working unitl a month or so ago.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 3rd party eamil address not working for my wife
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Checking to make sure she has the right verizon.net password is as easy as logging into verizon.net - If it works, that's the right password. If not, you may need to reset it via the "Forgot Password" link or contact tech support to have it reset.

Based on what I can find on Earthlink's website, I don't see any reason why you shouldn't be able to use their outgoing servers though. Their outgoing server uses port 587 and should work, even on a Verizon connection.

View solution in original post

somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Is your wife also using Verizon's outgoing server? Is she using her @verizon.net address and password to authenticate for the outgoing?

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

also make sure that the outgoing server is now using port 587 and not the default 25.

0 Likes
mpopsicle
Enthusiast - Level 1

Confirmed she's on port 587.

Can you take me through confirming her verizon.net password?

Thank you for your reply.

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Checking to make sure she has the right verizon.net password is as easy as logging into verizon.net - If it works, that's the right password. If not, you may need to reset it via the "Forgot Password" link or contact tech support to have it reset.

Based on what I can find on Earthlink's website, I don't see any reason why you shouldn't be able to use their outgoing servers though. Their outgoing server uses port 587 and should work, even on a Verizon connection.