403 Permission Denied
brsl22
I am getting a 403 permission denied on www.cutsandkeeps.com.  I have contacted the webmaster of the site and he has been able to login with no issue. It is a subscription website, but I have no problem loging in on other servers it has only been in the last month I have not been able to connect using verizon on any computers that service. Any solutions to the problem.  thanks
0 Likes
Re: 403 Permission Denied
prisaz
Legend

@brsl22 wrote:
I am getting a 403 permission denied on www.cutsandkeeps.com.  I have contacted the webmaster of the site and he has been able to login with no issue. It is a subscription website, but I have no problem loging in on other servers it has only been in the last month I have not been able to connect using verizon on any computers that service. Any solutions to the problem.  thanks

What do you mean by "Loging in on other servers"?

Do you mean you can log into this site from computers on another network, but not FIOS?

Or do you mean you can log into other sites?

When I visit the site posted I am given the same error with no prompt to login. It could be that bluehost.com is the hosting provider and not configured properly or something changed on the site. The whois listed them as the provider. I am able to go to http://www.bluehost.com/. It looks like file or directory permissions for cutsandkeeps is the problem, because it is not allowing access to the login page. I am sure the webmaster can access them. They are the webmaster.

Odd I asked them why I could not get to the site and this is the chat. Now I am puzzled. Sorry I could not be of more help. Perhaps someone that was not in sales with bluehost could help more. But I really don't think sales was online at this time. I still think it is something on the site restricting access from theVerizon network.
This error (HTTP 403 Forbidden) means that Internet Explorer was able to connect to the website, but it does not have permission to view the webpage.
Jacob K [8:19:23 PM]: Welcome to our real-time support chat. How can I help you today?
FIRST TIME SALES QUESTION [8:19:23 PM]: Access to www.cutsandkeeps.com it looks like file or directory permissions issue. There is no login prompt or default page. Any ideas?
[8:20:04 PM]: 403 permission denied
Jacob K [8:20:06 PM]: Not sure what your asking.
[8:20:16 PM]: When I go to the site it just shows a foot Ball page.
FIRST TIME SALES QUESTION [8:20:57 PM]: I can not access the page from my location. Could it be something with my network or IP blocking access?
Jacob K [8:22:19 PM]: I am able to see your site in my browser without any issues. If you're still unable to see it, could you please try a proxy site? I suggest a proxy site to test the site from off of your network. Here is a proxy you can try for free AnonyMouse.org or Server up up tool that can be found Here.
FIRST TIME SALES QUESTION [8:22:40 PM]: thanks
Jacob K [8:23:09 PM]: Did you have any additional questions for me?
FIRST TIME SALES QUESTION [8:24:31 PM]: I was able to access it from http://anonymouse.org/cgi-bin/anon-www.cgi/http://www.cutsandkeeps.com is there any chance your hosting service could be clocking IP address ranges?
Jacob K [8:25:06 PM]: 96.255.x.x is your Ip right?
FIRST TIME SALES QUESTION [8:26:09 PM]: yes. I meant blocking IP address ranges. There are a number of people on the verizon fios network that can not get this and get the 403 error
Jacob K [8:27:05 PM]: Not that I can see.
FIRST TIME SALES QUESTION [8:28:30 PM]: strange that I can ping it and trace route to it. but get the access error when going to the site. Started problems in the last month. I guess I will need to look at our end.

Message Edited by prisaz on 06-16-2009 10:45 PM
0 Likes
Re: 403 Permission Denied
brsl22
i tried using the anonymouse.org link it showed the page which was a good sign, and it let me login but once i got in it gave a error,
401 Authorization Required Invalid login credentials! I am able to access the site using the internet through my phone through ATT with no problems.
0 Likes