500Mbps service upload speed slowly decreasing - help please!
cpufrost

Got 500Mbps service.  Initially was getting abou 510 down and 550+ up.

Then I noticed it dropped where upload would never go higher than 450.

Then 414.  I called support, they sent a tech who changed the ONT and verified with their laptop problem exists.

They had someone bounce the PON card.  No change.  Later that night they (supposedly) swapped out the PON card.  I did lose internet for about 20 min that night so that was probably it.  Someone called me the next day to ask if the problemm was fixed.  I said NO.  This was New Year's Eve.

I have contacted Verizon through chat and every time they tell me there's an outage affecting service and it will definitely be resolved at nn:zz hours.  It never is.  If I use the FiOS app on my phone it keeps telling me the outage will be fixed at certain time and a few hours before that time it increases another six hours.

It would seem that somewhere in the system that there is a ticket open but no one is working on it so the system keeps pushing the resolution time back.

This is very frustrating to say the least.

At this posting, my max upload is now at 318mbps.  It drops every day or so.

This is checked at speedtest.verizon.net.

Other reliable speed tests show similar results.

Thanks for listening to this long winded post. 😉

0 Likes
Re: 500Mbps service upload speed slowly decreasing - help please!
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page here on the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes