5Ghz net work can not be found by my desktop!!
struggle1

Hello all,  I had a trouble that my desktop could not find the 5G network. However, all of my other devices including my phone, iPad, and laptop connected successfully to the 5G network. Also, my desktop could connect to the 2.4G network and it could find other people's 5G network. Can someone tell me how to fix it? Thx btw.

0 Likes
Re: 5Ghz net work can not be found by my desktop!!
jonjones1
Legend

@struggle wrote:

Hello all,  I had a trouble that my desktop could not find the 5G network. However, all of my other devices including my phone, iPad, and laptop connected successfully to the 5G network. Also, my desktop could connect to the 2.4G network and it could find other people's 5G network. Can someone tell me how to fix it? Thx btw.

Your device is what is capable of either 2.4 or 5 GHz bands. If you are saying you can see the 5 GHz band and you cannot see it on your own network it usually means it’s not turned on in your routers settings. However you claim your iPad etc can connect to it.

kind of strange since my diagnosis would be a bad laptop/desktop nic so I would try to find updated drivers for the device.

and or simple solution just reset the router and after it fully boots up try it again.

you could also try changing the SSID names under your WiFi settings and new passwords.

0 Likes
struggle1

Unfortunately...it is still not working...

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

Your device must not be able to use 5 GHz if it’s available connect at 2.4 GHz.

i told you in my last reply what you could try. 

0 Likes
struggle1

I once connected to 5G so it is totally supported

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@struggle wrote:

I once connected to 5G so it is totally supported

I would say bad router then. Either purchase your own better router. Make sure it supports mimo and ac/a WiFi and have external antennas.

you save money by not paying a rental fee to Verizon of $144 a year. However if you have tv you will need to get a splitter and a MOCA adapter for VOD and your guide.

if internet only. Then your good to go.

or call 1-800-VERIZON and have them replace the Quantum router.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

It sounds like your PC may not support the 5Ghz channel the router is running on. Usually these are DFS channels. What wireless adapter do you have? Also, what Wi-Fi channel is your router using for 5Ghz?

0 Likes