6 days for a technician to return my service? Really?
mickp13
Enthusiast - Level 2

I guess I'm lucky it's not longer. I came home from work last night to find that my internet was not working. After being transferred to California (I'm in PA) they finally located my account. Then I spent an 1/2 hour on the phone troubleshooting the service box, the person on the phone decided that they would have to send out a technician...in 6 days...and they could only give me a 4 hour window. So now I have to take a half day off of work and be out of service for 6 days!? To top it off - every time I call they can't find my account.

When I called back to complain (again they couldn't find my account), they said they didn't want to issue a credit until service has been restored. Considerate, I guess...but that doesn't really instill a lot of confidence in them. The people on the phone are nice enough and I realize it's not their fault. Verizon service is just horrible. Comcast is just as bad. They're both Internet Service Nazis.

Re: 6 days?
mickp13
Enthusiast - Level 2

Oh and by the way, thanks for the forum to complain about your crappy service, at least you can create a forum seemlessly.

0 Likes
weedeater1
Contributor - Level 3

You're aware that VZ technicians are on strike at this time?

mickp13
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I am. It's still not a good excuse in my mind.

somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@mickp13 wrote:

Yes, I am. It's still not a good excuse in my mind.

Wow, 45 thousand employees on strike and that's not an excuse for a repair delay? What is, then?

0 Likes
thehelke
Enthusiast - Level 1

A company as big as Verizon has ZERO excuse for the poor they consistently give to their customers.  The only reason I stay with Verizon is I appreciate and pay for good technical service.  As horrible as their customer service is and the fact that their not competitive worldwide has no bearing.  If you want the crappy best of this country's internet you pay for it in more ways than one.  As to the topic of the strike, if they wanted to keep customers happy they have the power and ability to hire outside contractors to meet their current needs.  No matter what any commercial says this company does not care about you.  They're customer service and pricing plans prove it. 

Offline21
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm surprised they gave you a 4 hour window.  Even before the strike, they gave me an 8-5 window -- and nobody showed up.

trinjam
Enthusiast - Level 1

13 days for me. I woke up to no service on triple play. Using my phone tether (thank you VM) to access internet now. Got the same run around from them, the West coast agents only were on chat, told me the East coast queue was shut down or closed due to high volume.

All my connections are physically in tact and the router shows coax and ethernet disconnected (WAN). All set top boxes are not working and stay in starting up status upon power down with power disconnect/reconnect.

I spoke with a live person the 1st time I called this morning at 6am and since then I've called twice and have not spoken to anyone after being on hold for 30 minutes each time. They opened a support ticket for me during the first call, but when I check the details of what I described to the rep...it said I only had a phone outage and no representative was needed on site to repair.

I guess it has to do with the strike, but as a customer who needs the internet to work from home..I really don't care, especially after how my issue has NOT bee handled today. I've already called Comcast (I hate them dearly) and have scheduled internet installation for Thursday.. this is a sad sad day..

bcarroll7
Contributor - Level 3

Sorry for your inconvenience. If you are still having an issue with your Verizon service, you can use the Verizon Troubleshooter report and try to fix issues with your Verizon phone or Internet service, as well schedule a repair. You can access the Troubleshooter here:  http://www.verizon.com/repair. You can also find other tools on our Residential Support page that may help you diagnose your issue: http://www22.verizon.com/residentialhelp/.

Feel free to post any questions in the appropriate forums here as well and a peer will try to help.

0 Likes