Re: 7-11 Slow Download Speeds
_Auron_
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm in DFW (in Plano, TX) and the speedtest.net connects to the Dallas server, the Verizon speed test connects to the Carrolton, TX server. Not sure of what specific domain name / IP though. Also it looks like you resolved this thread?

0 Likes
rextilleon
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nah.  I just hit the wrong button on the bottom of the page!  Nothing is resolved. 

0 Likes
_Auron_
Enthusiast - Level 1

If you can (I'm new to the forums so not sure if you can) you may want to change that back, or make a new thread otherise it'll be ignored.

When I get home from work in about an hour I will test my connection again and if I still have 5/25, I will call up verizon and find out what's going on, and probably post about it in my own thread.

0 Likes
rextilleon
Enthusiast - Level 2

Dont think you can. 

0 Likes
_Auron_
Enthusiast - Level 1

That's unfortunate. Well I'm on the phone with customer service right now and they've reset the IP lease, had me restart the router, run multiple tests,.and nothing makes sense. They don't see a line issue, HOWEVER my router's Internet light is off even though I do have a connection (posting from my computer right now).

Several times the test pages wouldn't load though so I definitely have some kind of connectivity issue.

0 Likes
rextilleon
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just took off the solved label.  

rextilleon
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well my problems usually start at 7 and run until 10-11.  So at this moment I have my advertised speed. 

0 Likes
_Auron_
Enthusiast - Level 1
My issue may be different then.. sorry to hear that.
0 Likes
Baltar1

This issue struck again tonight at the usual evening hours.

0 Likes
rextilleon
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well its obviously a network congestion issue that could possibly require increasing capacity.  7-11 is prime time for Internet usage. 

0 Likes