Re: 7-11 Slow Download Speeds
Baltar1

Another regularly scheduled daily slowdown.  It would be nice if Verizon popped in and said that they are aware of this issue affecting so many users across their network, and they have sprung into action and are hard at work on a fix, so that we can maintain normal speeds during peak congestion hours.

0 Likes
rextilleon
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mine was okay last night.  Perhaps they have addressed the issue.  I will test again tonight to see if the speeds hold. 

0 Likes
Kestrel3
Contributor - Level 2

My issue seems to be getting worse.  Again, it is mostly my upload speed that tests slow during these hours.  

My upload speed has tested as low a 2 mbps on both of the last two nights, and has started to slow down as early as 6:30 PM.  It definitely seems to be congestion related, since it doesn't startt to slow down or speed back up at a very specific time, but starts getting slow sometime after 6 PM and is the worst around 8 or 9 PM, then starts to slowly improve starting around 11 PM, but can still test slow until about midnight.

Again, Verizon will say that all they can do is send a tech out to your house, and if it tests ok even once while they are there, they won't do anything.  Even when it tests slow, they haven't done anything beyond my house that could fix my issue after over 9 months of calling, supervisors, tech visits, etc. etc.

0 Likes
rextilleon
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wow, thats depressing. 

0 Likes
syrob

I have the same issue. Doing spped tests in the morning and it is 45mb download (still short of the 75mb I am supposed to get), then it gradually slows during the evening until it ends up at 8mb download and 45mb upload.

Same old sory story from tech, factory reset the router, reboot the outsde box, but it is the same every night. Their system doesn't appear to handle the evening load no matter what their fancy tv adds say. 

I am cancelling fios and going bacl to xfinity/comcast. Never had this slowdown on comcast. 

0 Likes
Baltar1

Looks like tonight's brownout has begun.  6/92 on Verizon's speedtest.

0 Likes
rextilleon
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah, thats the same as me.  Very slow download speed with normal upload speeds. 

0 Likes
Kestrel3
Contributor - Level 2

Mine just tested at 39 / 1 .   I get about 60 / 60 during the day.

The slowdown started a bit later tonight - was fine until about 7:40, then crept down. 

Wondering if the slowdowns happen simultaneously for all users in just neighborhoods, or if it is whole cities, regions, or nationally?

0 Likes
rextilleon
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well we do know that 7-11 is the busiest time for Internet traffic, so it would make sense that many people are having problems during those hours.  

0 Likes
LuckyBagota

Just wondering if you have solved your problem. I'm currently expierencing the same thing. My problem started a week ago, probably longer but i just noticed it last week. It happens like clockwork between 7 to about 11 or 12. Then the next morning it's normal. They can't find anything on their end.

0 Likes