Re: 7-11 Slow Download Speeds
Not applicable

"This is a nationwide peering/routing issue that was intentionally created by Verizon to create congestion and (1) extract priority fees from the likes of Netflix and (2) get customers to subscribe to higher speed tiers. This has been acknowledged by the FCC. Verizon is building new interconnections to remedy the problem, but it will persist for at least another 6 months."

0 Likes
Headhunter06
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well whatever, when I don't get even 5% of the speed I pay for, then we do have a breach of contract. Moreover, there are several of us in this area reporting the same problem and now banding together. We have discussed also going to our local TV stations here in Washington DC to make the case. This is the kind of story reports love: Big Company Sticks it to the little guys.

Not applicable

imageimage

0 Likes
Thomasf479
Enthusiast - Level 1
I'm in Woodbridge VA.... Ditto on everything said and experienced. I'm with you on the local media plan! Most Verizon is offering me is a one time $40 credit (which they never followed through with). I pay 100% for 5%!!!!
Headhunter06
Enthusiast - Level 3

And here we are tonight. A blazing near nothing on what should be a 75/75.

WEB100 Enabled Statistics:
Checking for Middleboxes . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  Done
checking for firewalls . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  Done
running 10s outbound test (client-to-server [C2S]) . . . . . 41.00Mb/s
running 10s inbound test (server-to-client [S2C]) . . . . . . 2.74Mb/s

------  Client System Details  ------
OS data: Name = Windows 7, Architecture = x86, Version = 6.1
Java data: Vendor = Oracle Corporation, Version = 1.8.0_31

------  Web100 Detailed Analysis  ------
100 Mbps FastEthernet link found.
Link set to Full Duplex mode
Information: throughput is limited by other network traffic.
Good network cable(s) found
Normal duplex operation found.

Web100 reports the Round trip time = 21.78 msec; the Packet size = 1452 Bytes; and 
There were 88 packets retransmitted, 353 duplicate acks received, and 416 SACK blocks received
The connection was idle 0 seconds (0%) of the time
S2C throughput test: Packet queuing detected: 88.58%
This connection is sender limited 18.26% of the time.
This connection is network limited 81.74% of the time.
Excessive packet loss is impacting your performance, check the auto-negotiate function on your local PC and network switch
0 Likes
Not applicable

wow @headhunter, that's pathetic. file a complaint with the FCC. this is a known issue and it's verizon's infastructure. they're providing bad peering/congested routes and keep signing customers onto services that they can't even support for them because of the upgrades that are needed to support the mass amount of people already using the service. it's the same thing that happened with netflix last year but on a higher more nation wide scale that's affecting all services.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Anonymous wrote:

@wow @Headhunter, that's pathetic. file a complaint with the FCC. this is a known issue and it's verizon's infastructure. they're providing bad peering/congested routes and keep signing customers onto services that they can't even support for them because of the upgrades that are needed to support the mass amount of people already using the service. it's the same thing that happened with netflix last year but on a higher more nation wide scale that's affecting all services.

The posted is probably not related to any peering congested problem.  It instead looks like a problem that Verizon definitely will have to look at.  Perhaps his ont (several have had that problem) or the equipment at the local verizon location.

0 Likes
Not applicable

there's over 25,000 reports of this nation wide already and that's only the people that have noticed and taken initiative in running tracert's/speedtests/linequalitytests, who knows how many more average internet consumers that have no idea something is wrong let alone run those tests at peak times. verzion responded to the FCC and is taking blame for this issue but they're doing so in the dark because they don't want the bad press after what happened with netflix last year.

0 Likes
Headhunter06
Enthusiast - Level 3

A little test to prove that the issue is not in my house:  Here is my speed at approx 6:45 PM on 4 FEB (below). I'll repost with what my speed is a little later on during prime time hours. If the pattern holds (as it has since late 2013), we'll be down to somewhere between 1 and 5 Mbps at around 9PM.

0 Likes
meisterMD

You guys are having problems getting credit? I haven't had any issues now that I've had validation from multiple techs that it is a city-wide problem in my area (Inland Empire, CA), which is probably the least they can do.

I go from 50/50 from midnight to around 630pm where it gradually descends and tanks at around 730pm to 5 Mbps download max. Upload is almost always preserved. Very frustrating. I've spent 8+ hours on the phone with tech support and have had four techs out.

0 Likes