75/35 tier got pulled?
Nabuca
Enthusiast - Level 1

Trying to upgrade from 35/35 to 75/35 and it's telling me that isn't an option anymore. Instead it wants me to go to 150/65 or even 300/65. Anyone know why 75/35 wouldn't be an option for me if 300/65 is? A few weeks ago 75/35 was available, but now it's gone. This is Pittsburgh area.

0 Likes
Re: 75/35 tier got pulled?
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you by any chance have TV or phone service? I've heard of Verizon doing the same thing in other areas but I'm not sure if it's due to something they're doing to try to push 150Mbps service, if it's an availability database issues or perhaps due to a specific bundle combination.

0 Likes
ImStillaYankee
Enthusiast - Level 2

Don't know about Pitt but here near Tampa I just ordered 75/35 yesterday.  Will be done tomorrow.

0 Likes
Nabuca
Enthusiast - Level 1

@Smith6612 wrote:

Do you by any chance have TV or phone service? I've heard of Verizon doing the same thing in other areas but I'm not sure if it's due to something they're doing to try to push 150Mbps service, if it's an availability database issues or perhaps due to a specific bundle combination.

I currently have 35/35 internet and digital phone service. The choices for speed in the upgrade center goes from 50/25 to 150/65 then the 300 option. if I hit the "Compare Internet Plans" button the 75/35 appears there on the chart.

If I log out of my account and go to the generic buy internet plan page, 75/35 is available either stand alone or with digital phone(Similar to my current package). If you add tv for a triple play, 75/35 disappears.

If I try to choose the 75/35 stand alone or double play with phone, it forces me to log into my account, at which point I get a message saying I can't have it, and to pick 150/65 or 300 instead.

I tried asking in online chat and over the phone why 75/35 was removed, and the only response I get from all the reps is them telling me to log into my account and look at the upgrade center for upgrades I can order. Talked to 4 different reps so far, and all 4 have ignored my "Why" question and offered no explanation.