9100EM as native router? Allowing inside FIOS TVs to external LAN
rolinger
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello,

I have my FIOS wireless/4-port router behind my Cisco PIX router/firewall.  My TV(s) go through the FIOS router.  I want my TV(s) to access my computer conent from different computers that connect directly to the PIX (outside the FIOS router).  My TVs can't find any of my computers (running Verizon Media Manager) connected outside the FIOS router and I am trying to find a way to get this to work.  Hopefully, the diagram below comes out:

Trying to get TV1 or TV2 to read content from Computer1 or Computer2, both of which are running Verizon Media Manager.

* FIOS LAN is 192.168.1.0/24 subnet,

* Cisco LAN is 192.168.4.0/24 subnet. 

* Outside FIOS WAN interface is 192.168.4.52 (via dhcp, how do I make that static?)

* A static route in the PIX pointing 192.168.1.0 to the FIOS WAN IP (4.52).

* FIOS router is as open as I can make it (icmp, low security, etc) for trafic originating from Cisco LAN

Questions:

1: Without port forwarding, static mapping, is there anyway to get FIOS router to act as a native router, so the outside WAN interface isn't trying to do NAT as inside traffic leaves and just let inside traffic leave as native traffic?

2: Pings/icmp from insdie FIOS Lan to Cisco Lan devices work, but icmp originating from Cisco LAN devices to FIOS LAN devices does not work, this is a result of the WAN NAT'ing going on, can this be corrected without extensive mappings? (again, this begs the question of allowing FIOS router to act as Native router versus NAT router).

3.  IF the FIOS router can't be converted into a native router, how at a minimum can I get the TVs to connect to the Cisco LAN devices?

[ TV 1 ]-----------------|________

|                  |

(((laptop1))) ---------| FIOS         |-----------| Cisco PIX| -----> INTERNET

|   Router   |                        |

[ TV2 ] -----------------|________|                      /   \

/      \

Comp1       Comp2

Re: 9100EM as native router? Allowing inside FIOS TVs to external LAN
Hubrisnxs
Legend

There are certain limitations and trade off's to the various router configs, so while you're waiting for a more detailed answer, you may want to check the following link.

It may answer your question right off the bat.

there are about 8 different configs, and each one can or can't do everything

Re: 9100EM as native router? Allowing inside FIOS TVs to external LAN
Hubrisnxs
Legend

also, something instructive here, is that the TV's have to be on the same subnet as the media manager PC.

So without them being on the same subnet you'll probably have an issue.

FiOS Media Manager Troubleshooting Guide - Set Top Box

0 Likes