96d/87u mbps Fios Speed
cwang1

Why does verizon speed test say I'm getting 140mbps and everyone else says i'm getting less than 100? Does verizon only test off their own servers?  If so, that's not a very accurate or honest way of advertising your speed.  If not, why can't I get my internet speed up to 150?  We're paying a lot of money for 150 and we're getting 95. 

0 Likes
Re: 96d/87u mbps Fios Speed
jonjones1
Legend

@cwang wrote:

Why does verizon speed test say I'm getting 140mbps and everyone else says i'm getting less than 100? Does verizon only test off their own servers?  If so, that's not a very accurate or honest way of advertising your speed.  If not, why can't I get my internet speed up to 150?  We're paying a lot of money for 150 and we're getting 95. 

Yes Verizon’s servers are proprietary and not like using a test site like http://www.speedtest.net which give real world results with bottlenecks and incomplete tracers to sites etc.

However you may not be provisioned correctly, when we were on 150/150 on direct ethernet connection from our computer to the router we had 165/169 or above.

additionally the speed test must not be done on WiFi Since WiFi will be half the direct ethernet connection 

call 1-800-VERIZON and have them troubleshoot your speeds and if necessary get someone out there to check your equipment. However not your customer own equipment.