A different ONT?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

A different ONT?

Message 1 of 2
(413 Views)

I'm reorganizing my house's ethernet, which means that my ONT (model 612) will get moved. The new location is a bit tight on space.

So, is there a different model ONT that is smaller? Note that I don't need the back-up system (I'll be on a UPS).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: A different ONT?

Message 2 of 2
(366 Views)

That's a BPON ONT.  Upgrade to a faster speed and they'll swap it out for a GPON unit.  It's much smaller.  They've gotten rid of the battery backup, too.

Also, I recommend you don't move it with contacting Verizon.  It is literally their property.  If something breaks due to your work, they will charge you a very large amount of money to replace the ONT and/or fiber.

Contact Verizon to find out what the options are for your specific location.   I suggest you use chat, @Verizonsupport on Twitter, or https://www.dslreports.com/forum/vzdirect.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: A different ONT?

Message 2 of 2
(367 Views)

That's a BPON ONT.  Upgrade to a faster speed and they'll swap it out for a GPON unit.  It's much smaller.  They've gotten rid of the battery backup, too.

Also, I recommend you don't move it with contacting Verizon.  It is literally their property.  If something breaks due to your work, they will charge you a very large amount of money to replace the ONT and/or fiber.

Contact Verizon to find out what the options are for your specific location.   I suggest you use chat, @Verizonsupport on Twitter, or https://www.dslreports.com/forum/vzdirect.

View solution in original post

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.