Switch Account

A disturbing 'first'

Contributor PettyClash
Contributor
Message 1 of 2
(317 Views)

Hi!  I've had Fios for about a year and it's performed almost flawlessly-- until yesterday.  Unprecedentedly, my internet connection was  severed at around 5 PM yesterday, and I was instantly left without either internet access or phone service.  The Fios device immediately tried to re-establish the internet connection but despite continuing to try-- relentlessly, valiantly!--  there was nothing but failure to reconnect for the next 9 hours.  And then suddenly-- long after I had abandoned all hope that the unit would restore the connecion without the intervention of Verizon techies visiting my home and making the necessary repairs, whatever they might be-- the router displayed the two constant white lights that signified a connection, I rushed to try to connect to a website and succeeded, and, essentially, all has been well in the few hours since.  (I may have very briefly lost the connection again but it was very quickly re-estabished.)

I have three questions:

1) Given the events I just described, what was the problem?

2) How was the problem solved without any apparent intervention by Verizon? ( I never was able to even report the problem to Verizon because I didn't have a working telephone.)

3) If I should again lose my internet connection in the future in a similar way, is there anything I can do to speed the restoration?

1 REPLY 1
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 2 of 2
(312 Views)

However this is a customer helping customer forum. There could have been countless reasons for the loss of service. I know you said you don’t have a home phone. Do you have a cellular phone?

calling 1-800-VERIZON could or should get you a reason for the service outage.

evidently Verizon found the problem and fixed it.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.