ADT Gateway not talking to Actiontec router
Buddha3
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Pulse gateway from ADT (PGZNG1) that was connected via the WAN port to my Actiontec MI424WR router.  The gateway connects zwave devices to the ADT system, and had been working flawlessly for about 6 months.  Then about a month ago, it quit working.  For the last month, I have been bounced back and forth between ADT and Verizon trying to get the gateway back online, but have been unsucessful.  The status light on the broadband port of the gateway is green, and I get no status lights on the WAN port on the router.  The rep from Actiontec was absolutely useless and said that it never did work.  When I log into the router, I do not get an ip address for the gateway.  Any ideas?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: ADT Gateway not talking to Actiontec router
Buddha3
Enthusiast - Level 2

It ended up being a bad gateway.  ADT swapped out the gateway and it all works now.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

The ZWave should have it's Ethernet connection created to a LAN Port on the ActionTec. Is this how the two devices are currently connected? The ActionTec's WAN Port cannot be used as an extra port - it is only for connecting up the ActionTec to the ONT using Ethernet in the case of FiOS.

0 Likes
Buddha3
Enthusiast - Level 2

According to ADT, the gateway has to connect to the WAN port.  The LAN port is only used to connect devices, like cameras, to the gateway.  I have tried port forwarding when connected to the LAN, but the gateway never comes online.

Just spoke with another ADT rep who seem much more knowledgable about the Pulse gateway.  They are sending out a tech Monday with a new gateway....stay tuned.

0 Likes
bencotton

Did this ever get resolved?  I have the same issue........

0 Likes
Buddha3
Enthusiast - Level 2

It ended up being a bad gateway.  ADT swapped out the gateway and it all works now.

0 Likes