AMC TV and HULU not authenticating Verizon FIOS account
CharlieDigby

I am unable to authenticate on AMC TV or HULU websites.  When I click authenticate and then enter userid and password, it just says authenticating and never links to our account. It use to work on HULU and AMC TVA websites.

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: AMC TV and HULU not authenticating Verizon FIOS account
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Charlie,

Are you using your primary @verizon.net username and password to authenticate? Are you able to login here http://fiostrending.verizon.com/?sc_cid=g4mgrtd with that primary username and password?

If you are using the the primary username and password to authenticate, what errors are you getting?

~STA

0 Likes
dgoody35

I'm having/have had the same problem for some time. There are no error messages. It just doesn't work.  You attempt to play an episode, AMC asks you to authenticate through your cable provider, you choose verizon fios, you enter your ID and password, and it takes you back to AMC as if it worked, except it hasn't. You are in the same place where you first attempted to play an episode, but you are still not logged in.  If you attempt to play the episode, it begins the same neverending loop over again. 

0 Likes
CharlieDigby

I am using the account we use to access Verizon.Com site.

I contacted support at one agent said I wasn't using the primary account, yet a different agent said I was.  I don't have access to add sub account, nor can I seem to access @Verizon.net e-mail accounts.  The authentication use to work, then stopped.

The link you included allows me to login with my Verizon.Com account.

0 Likes
GirlWonder
I am having the exact same issue. At one point I received an Oracle Screen that indicated" session upgrades failed since user IDs does not match". It was a Java/Oracle Open SSO page. It had a hyperlink to return to the login page. I have never seen it before. I have been using the same user name no password for over a year with no issues, and now this. Please advise.
0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@GirlWonder wrote:
I am having the exact same issue. At one point I received an Oracle Screen that indicated" session upgrades failed since user IDs does not match". It was a Java/Oracle Open SSO page. It had a hyperlink to return to the login page. I have never seen it before. I have been using the same user name no password for over a year with no issues, and now this. Please advise.

This Java/Oracle error occurs when session authentication cookies are mismatched between Verizon web sites.  You need to sign out of all Verizon sites (including this forum, Digital Voice, email, etc. and some third-party sites that use Verizon authentication to allow access).  Then clear your browser cookies.  This SHOULD correct the problem.

0 Likes
CharlieDigby

I signed out completely and it made no difference, it still didn't work.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

AMC TV should work.  Not understanding HULU reference.  Is there some option to have HULU service under your Verizon ID?  As far as I knew it was always a separate account.

Suggestions for AMC TV from my other posts

A bunch of things lead to problems loging into HBO GO and many other Online Channel sites.

• You must get HBO (or whatever channel you are trying to use) from Verizon
  • At least the first time you may first have to sign out of the Verizon site.  It gets confused easily.
  • You must allow third party cookies
  • You must be running Flash, Flash must be allowed to store info for third parties.
  • You must not have your Browser options set to delete Information when exiting Browser.  Flash takes this as deleting information when exiting a site.

The general way it works is for you to go to HBO GO site.  Ask to look at something and it switches in a FRAME pointing to VERIZON and you signin. Verizon stores some information in flash and returns. That information must still be there so that HBO accepts you as authorized. 

0 Likes
GirlWonder
Still not working. Is it possible that someone else is using my user name and password on another device? Still getting this same error from time to time.
0 Likes
AMarie4
Anyone ever get this figured out? I'm having same problem across multiple browsers and devices. It will authenticate/sign me into verizon but amctv won't recognize it and I can't watch anything. This has been many weeks.
0 Likes