Access my Transmission remotely on my Pogoplug?
Bwangster12

As many here probably do, I have the ActionTec MI424WR.  I recently bought a Pogoplug and setup Tranmission (BitTorrent app) on it.  I can access the web interface locally when on my own network by using the Pogoplug IP address.  I log into my router settings and just grab the IP address it listed.  The problem I am having is when I am outside of my home network.  Obviously the local IP won't work, but by default, it looks like Tranmission opened up a port in my Port Forwarding options.  That is the port I use when connecting locally.

How do I go about connecting outside of my home?  What IP do I use?  Do I have to do something in my router settings?  I know what my external IP is by going to one of the WhatsMyIP websites, but that isn't for the Pogoplug device, right?

0 Likes
Re: Access my Transmission remotely on my Pogoplug?
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you need to allow incoming connections through the FIOS router, follow the instructions here:

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/16968

0 Likes
Re: Access my Transmission remotely on my Pogoplug?
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@ari2419 wrote:

How do I go about connecting outside of my home?  What IP do I use?  Do I have to do something in my router settings?  I know what my external IP is by going to one of the WhatsMyIP websites, but that isn't for the Pogoplug device, right?

You connect to the external wan address of the router and the port number for your device after having built a port forwarding rule in the router to forward that port to the ip address on your internal network for the device.

That's what the faq sheet the previous poster sent.

0 Likes