Re: Access point or other solution?
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

How is the house coax split between the various places it feeds?  Specifically, what is the coax routing from your ONT to the Rev E router?

From what you  described, it sounds to me like there may be a problem somewhere between the ONT and the Rev E box.  Could be a bad connector on a coax cable, or a problem with a port on a splitter, or.....?

0 Likes
JimFed

When Verizon installed my router a long time ago, they installed a splitter on the incoming cable and ran from there to the FIOS unit then installed in my house and from they ran a dedicated coax from that incoming splitter to the router to avoid all other splitters in the house. The coax in the family room I believe goes through two splitters plus the new one I added to make the Rev E connection.

If there is a problem with or loss of the Internet signal, the router will not automatically recover? 

0 Likes
Anti-Phish1
Master - Level 1

@JimFed wrote:

I noticed that the Rev E has all notmal lights except no Internet or WAN coax lights, which may be correct given its setup?  

That's correct.  The rev. E's WAN connectio is not used.

Have you checked your MOCA LAN stats?  Sounds like you might be losing MOCA connectivity between the two routers.
When the situation arises that you can't ping between the two routers. use the following FAQ to check your MOCA LAN stats.  http://www.dslreports.com/faq/16569

0 Likes
JimFed

I had two incidents over the weekend. The first time, I lost connectivity to the Rev E but then soon discovered that I had lost all Internet. I checked the FIOS box at my house entrance and had a red flashing MoCA light. I waited a while and then the problem corrected itself and my Internet service returned.

The second incident I lost Internet connectivity just to the Rev E. I double checked that I still had it everywhere else though the Rev I. I had to cycle power on the Rev E and then reconnect my devices to the Rev E. 

No further incidents in the last 24 hours.

0 Likes
JimFed

I had another incident this weekend. I lost Internet connectivity via the Rev E. the Rev E always shows an orange Internet light. When I check the Rev E connection stats when it is connected, the router and ONT numbers are alwasy above 200. When I am not able to access the Internet via the Rev E, I am also not able to check its stats via the Rev I.

When I lose Internet access on the Rev E, I must cycle the power on it to regain access to the Internet.

Is the thought that the signal quality on the coax to the Rev E is dropping below a minimum and causing this issue? 

0 Likes