Access to Verizon over VPN
Enesha
Enthusiast - Level 1

Good afternoon.  Second post today but separate issue.  I use a VPN for security.  This is recommended by more than a few security experts.   Yet for some reason I can't log into any Verizon service while connected.  Can't pay my bill, can't post on here, etc.  So Verizon is forcing me to disconnect from my vpn, compromising security, in order to pay my bill??   **bleep** is that?  What possible reason would Verizon have for intentionally compromising customer security??  It's concerning enough for me to be considering changing to comcast, maybe even enough to break my FiOS agreement.  Get your stuff together Verizon.  In this day and age security is a real concern and it really concerns me that you intentionally force customers to break it.  FIX IT

0 Likes
Re: Access to Verizon over VPN
jonjones1
Legend

@Enesha wrote:

Good afternoon.  Second post today but separate issue.  I use a VPN for security.  This is recommended by more than a few security experts.   Yet for some reason I can't log into any Verizon service while connected.  Can't pay my bill, can't post on here, etc.  So Verizon is forcing me to disconnect from my vpn, compromising security, in order to pay my bill??   **bleep** is that?  What possible reason would Verizon have for intentionally compromising customer security??  It's concerning enough for me to be considering changing to comcast, maybe even enough to break my FiOS agreement.  Get your stuff together Verizon.  In this day and age security is a real concern and it really concerns me that you intentionally force customers to break it.  FIX IT

https://www.bestvpn.com/blog/38176/vpns-beginners-need-know/

You pay a fee for a VPN. I am guessing you don't really know how to set one up that works. The isp (Verizon Fios) has no means of you not using one.

however you must know how to set it up. The link I gave you above will instruct you on how to obtain a vpn service, and it may also teach you how to set the service.

it has nothing to do with Verizon, and it is not a valid reason to break any contract.

but nice try. 

Your security is not any more secure since as the web link explains you are still getting tracked but by the vpn service and not your isp.