Access to router

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributor traj
Contributor
Message 1 of 6
(6,876 Views)

Hi,

I just got set up yesterday and went to access the router.  As this was the first time accessing it, I expected to be able to choose a username and password.

Instead, it asked for a username and password.  After reading the manual, it said the default was "admin" and "password".  However, it wouldn't accept it.

Is my only option to do a reset?

Regards,

Traj

5 REPLIES 5
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 2 of 6
(6,870 Views)

Another user is having the same issue.

Points you to

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-Internet/Cannot-log-into-router/td-p/114552

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

Contributor traj
Contributor
Message 3 of 6
(6,866 Views)

Not quite the same issue.

I have never logged in.  According to instructions, I should be able to with default info.  Thanks.

Bronze Contributor III
Bronze Contributor III
Message 4 of 6
(6,862 Views)

@traj wrote:

Hi,

I just got set up yesterday and went to access the router.  As this was the first time accessing it, I expected to be able to choose a username and password.

Instead, it asked for a username and password.  After reading the manual, it said the default was "admin" and "password".  However, it wouldn't accept it.

Is my only option to do a reset?

Regards,

Traj

Hi, By "setup" i am assuming you mean installed? If so, when the VZ tech installs the service they change the password in the router.  You can hard reset the router and it will default back to "admin" and "password" and you can change it to whatever you want from there.

~~ "It's not a bug. It's an undocumented feature."
Gold Contributor V
Gold Contributor V
Message 5 of 6
(6,854 Views)

try  password1 for the password. that should work. If not just press and hold the reset button on the back of the router for 10-15 seconds and that will reset the password back to password

====================================================================================

Error exists between keyboard and chair.
Contributor traj
Contributor
Message 6 of 6
(6,842 Views)

Thanks.  That's what it was.  Unfortunately it didn't mention the "1" in the manual.

Regards,

Traj

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.