Accidently mailed the wrong router to Verizon, can't get it back
alexnd05

Last summer I purchased a router to avoid paying $10 to rent one from Verizon.  I purchased the same router that I had been renting, but when I boxed up the old router to send it back to Verizon, apparently I mailed the new one that I bought, rather than the one I had been renting.

I sent this router back to Verizon.  Instead of alerting me that they had recieved the wrong router, Verizon simply kept the router I mailed in and continued to chart me $10 per month.

It wasn't until several months later that I noticed I was still being charged that $10 per month and called Verizon to sort it out.  Since that time I have called Verizon half-a-dozen times to try to get my router back.  Each call takes approximately 45 minutes to get through the phone tree, explain the situation, and work on some solution.  Each time the representative has told me that they will investigate the situation and call me back in a maximium of five business days.  However, I have NEVER been called back.

I'm really at my wits end trying to sort out this problem.  It would be so much easier if Verizon had an email customer service address so that I could simply cut and paste my explanation in text rather than having to explain and clarify the situation over and over.

Help!  What else can I do to sort out this problem?  How can I get ahold of someone at Verizon who will actually follow up when they say they will?

0 Likes
Re: Accidently mailed the wrong router to Verizon, can't get it back
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi alexfromvirgini,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes