Account Reimbursement
Capt_spencer

I have been having slow internet speeds since I began my service in July.  I checked to ensure that it was not peek times, where service could be a little slow, and my speed would not surpass 15-16 Mbps.  I checked with the speed checker on the Verizon website and with www.Speedcheck.net were neither peeked over 16Mbps.  I consulted with the Verizon tech support and he said the modem needed to be replaced as it was outdated.  This is an issue I raised when I first signed up for service.  When the installer arrived he said that the router did not need to be replaced.  The contradiction here is disturbing in that I have been paying for a service that I have not been receiving because of the installers error...not mine.  I am having a new modem sent to me and it should be here tomorrow.  I would like to have my service credited for the correct speed that I have been using due to Verizon's installer.  I was insturcted by billing that this is THE ONLY WAY TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN???????? Why is this the only way.  Please help me resolve this issue or I may have to find service elsewhere.

Account number: {edited for privacy}

0 Likes
Re: Account Reimbursement
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases".  You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.  This should be checked on a frequent basis  as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Capt_spencer,

We haven't heard from  you regarding your case and we are closing it due to no response. Let us know if you need anything else.

Thanks,

Rachel_VZ

0 Likes
bethann322

A hint, bud, for when you argue with Verizon and they try to use this "internet traffic" **bleep**:

Fiber Internet means you have a direct and dedicated line to the internet. You are not sharing a line like you would with cable internet. The neighborhood traffic should not affect a {word filter avoidance} thing.

0 Likes
Capt_spencer

You haven't heard from me because, no one has responded to me.  Get it together please.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

The agents posted on the private thread mentioned by Kalin, above. If you wish we can re-open the thread, but you will need to communicate with the agents there.

0 Likes
Capt_spencer

Thank you, I will keep that in mind.

0 Likes