Re: cannot log in
voltara

Where do you get stuck in the login process?  Does it give you an error message, or does it hang forever waiting for a response, or something else entirely?  The more detail you can share, the better we can help!

0 Likes
emailuser49

I have been having the SAME problem for 4 days. I'm on the internet, get the sign in page, but then it times out before connecting.  I had to reset my password earlier in the week because the account locked me out but it didn't help.  

0 Likes
voltara

@emailuser49 wrote:

I have been having the SAME problem for 4 days. I'm on the internet, get the sign in page, but then it times out before connecting.  I had to reset my password earlier in the week because the account locked me out but it didn't help.  

Does this sound like an accurate description of the problem?

- I open a browser (Firefox) and navigate to "www.verizon.com", then click through to "Residential"

- This takes me to the URL "http://www.verizon.com/?lid=//global//residential"

- In the top-right corner of the page, I click "Sign In / Register", which drops down a form asking for my User ID (but does not yet ask for a password)

- I type in my User ID and click the red "Sign In" button

- The browser times out after a long time "Waiting for auth.verizon.com..."

- This problem started Thursday morning (Sept 18th), but it was working fine the previous night (Sept 17th)

If the above sounds familiar to you, I may be able to help.

0 Likes
Acount man.??
Edward78

Is Acount man. down? Got my bill notification in my email yesterday, when U rey to login it times out. Nothing has changed since last login.

0 Likes
Still can't login to MyVerizon site from my home, &cant receive email at my home, in US
bobramz

I have not been able to log into the Verizon.com site from my home. I am also not able to login to receive eMail from my verizon.net email. I noticed this problem Friday morning, 9/19, i think it has been going on longer than that because of some of the post i am seeing on this forum and because i was out of town until 9/18.

I called yesterday and the support person said there is some email outages but he didn't give any more information than that, just to call back in about 4 hours. Well this morning 9/21 the problem persist.

In case anyone is wondering how i am able to post here is because i am using VPN and Remote Desktop to my work computer to login to the My Verizon site.

Here are more details. My internet service is working fine at my home, i have DSL, i know poor me... I am able to access my other email accounts from MSN.com, Gmail etc. None of my devices can connect to retrieve verizon.net email, (other computers, my iPhone or my iPad). I have had the same verizon.net email account for about 20 year. I know this isn't a password problem because i currently logged in. And i have been able receive email on all of my computers and devices for years, i am deffinitly not a new customer.

Is there anyone else within the U.S. who is having this problem?

thanks

B

0 Likes
Re: Account locked
bobramz

My Verizon Residential account does not appear to be locked because i can connect to it from outside my home network. For example i am at work and i am able to login to the MyVerizon site, and this forums thread, and read my email.

Does Verizon support still recommend i reset my password?

Examples of what the symtoms look like are this. From a browser at this link, (https://www.verizon.com/foryourhome/myaccount/ngen/upr/nlogin.aspx) the login dialog window has a browser message saying the page cannot be displayed. This is from all browsers i have tried, Chrome, IE and Firefox. From Microsoft Outlook, i cannot receive email, or from my iPhone or iPad.

So why can i connect to my Verizon residential account, view my account and read my email from everywhere else but my home network? I even connect a USB wireless device to my desktop computer, and connected to a MiFI hotspot just to prove there isn't anything wrong on my computer. I have a Linksys router i use a wireless device for all of my network devices, computers, phones, tablets, etc. I can connect to everything else on the internet except Verizon.com, or Verizon.net. So what is going on?

The verizon router is an Action Tech router GT704WG, even plugged my desktop computer directly into it bypassing the Linksys router but i still can't log into MyVerizon, or retrieve email.

So what do i do??

0 Likes
Re: Account locked
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi bobramz,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Still can't login to MyVerizon site from my home, &cant receive email at my home, in US
star2344

I've had the same problem for going on 9 days and conversations with 14 Verizon agents. I cannot unlock my email account and the Verizon agents cannot unlock the account either. I/we have tried multiple approaches in an attempt to unlock. Reset PW, change browser, clear cookies, etc. I actually had one agent ask me "well, Mr. ********, what do you want me to do next?" I have been told there was an "email outage", "700,000 customers had their email accounts hacked, so Verizon locked them to protect their privacy", "there were 200,000 customer email outages", etc, etc. One does not know what to believe. The bottom line with me is that I still am without email access because account is locked. However, I am now receiving emails on my smartphone. Go figure!!

0 Likes
Re: Still can't login to MyVerizon site from my home, &cant receive email at my home, in US
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello star2344

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
bobramz
Are still having this problem?
0 Likes