Actiontec Bonded MoCA 2.0 Ethernet to Coax Adapter (ECB6200S02) Basement Coax Connection
Rodsman
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I've done a lot of reading and I guess I thought this would be too easy to be true.  I have FIOS's G1100/Qauntum router (75/75) and have a STB on our first floor and one our second floor.  I reached out to Verizon on this and they couldn't answer any of my questions so I thought I would just give it a shot.  The goal was to give my kid's xbox one a hard wired connection in the basement as the signal strength was fine but wireless speeds were not.  I did reach out to Actiontec and they told me I should only need the one adapter in the basement with my current router.  So I hook it up and the xbox one is now hardwired and running at the speds I get upstairs where the router is located so that signal is coming through.  However, I'm gettting an error message on my basement STB that says "Unable to detect a network connection."  So, the internet seems to be working just fine but not the STB?  Do I need an adapter upstairs at my router as well as the one downstairs or am I missing something else.  Sorry for the long note, but I'm not savvy on these types of issues.  Appreciate any helpt I can get.  Thanks. 

0 Likes
Re: Actiontec Bonded MoCA 2.0 Ethernet to Coax Adapter (ECB6200S02) Basement Coax Connection
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I assume you had to put a splitter in to connect adapter.

Does STB work when connected directly to cable vs through splitter?

Have you tried swapping coax between adapter and STB to see if problem stays with STB or moves to adapter?

What specs on splitter?

0 Likes