Actiontec Email Notification?
SimonMason
Contributor - Level 1
I see two other posts about this that were never answered.  The Actiontec router has an option to email you notifications with log information and also if it finds firmware upgrades.  You configure this in the system settings but nowhere does it ask you which email address to send the notifications to.  Has anyone figured this out?  I downloaded the documentation from Actiontec and it doesn't even mention where to put in the TO: email!  Is the router psyhic?
0 Likes
Re: Actiontec Email Notification?
prisaz
Legend

@SimonMason wrote:
I see two other posts about this that were never answered.  The Actiontec router has an option to email you notifications with log information and also if it finds firmware upgrades.  You configure this in the system settings but nowhere does it ask you which email address to send the notifications to.  Has anyone figured this out?  I downloaded the documentation from Actiontec and it doesn't even mention where to put in the TO: email!  Is the router psyhic?

GOOD QUESTION! I wonder where it sends it. I did try multiple times to get it to send some logging information. It initiated the connection once with outgoing.verizon.net and had no errors displayed when the connection was made. But no email to any Verizon account. Didn't even show up in my spam folder on webmail. So I guess it gets sent to some account that is out there. Well I disabled it because I didn't want my router data going to lala land. For advanced logging and a real firewall I was running IP-Cop and even tried Smoothwall. Both run on a minimum PC with two network cards. I like IP-Cop because Smoothwall is limited unless you pay them.

0 Likes
kevinb
Contributor - Level 2

Found it!

Advanced > Users > Edit (under action) - will prob only have the admin account > E-mail Notification: Notification Address

!

Techman28
Master - Level 1

I'll give some pictures.  This gives you an idea of what you should see via the actiontec router

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

Never saw that under users. Like disabling response to ICMP ping is burried under remote administration. Cool. I'll have to try it. Users wow.

Thanks much. 

0 Likes