Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you switch and bring your phone.

Actiontec (Home) with Sonicwall Global VPN Client (Home) to Sonicwall NSA 3500 (Work)

rel9
Contributor
Contributor

Actiontec (Home) with Sonicwall Global VPN Client (Home) to Sonicwall NSA 3500 (Work)

Message 1 of 2
(1,978 Views)

When I first installed server in January 2012 I was able to connect from my Desktop PC to my Sonicwall VPN at work. However, in the last week or two I am unable to connect and NOTHING at work has changed. So - the problem must be with either Fios or the Actiontec router settings.

My Sonicwall GVC Client returns the following error messages when I try to connect to my NSA 3500 at work:

2012/02/06 16:07:20:134    Information    <local host>    An incoming ISAKMP packet from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx was ignored.

2012/02/06 16:07:28:427    Error          xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx    The peer is not responding to phase 1 ISAKMP requests.

I am pretty sure the problem is with either FIOS or the Actiontec Router. I had no problem accessing the same way two weeks ago and now something has happened. I fear it may be from Installing certain verizon iPhone Apps like FIOS Remote or DVR Manager. There also many other clients connected to the NSA 3500. I am also able to connect to the NSA 3500 through this PC using a mifi card.

Any help much appreciated. I am trying to access a NSA 3500 at work. Am running Windows 7 & XP and both computers with GVC (Sonicwall Global VPN Client) are having the same problem.

Thanks,

-A

1 REPLY 1
bryand7
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Actiontec (Home) with Sonicwall Global VPN Client (Home) to Sonicwall NSA 3500 (Work)

Message 2 of 2
(1,105 Views)

Did you ever solve this?

I am having this exact same problem now.

I have a Sonicwall TZ 215 behind my Actiontec and trying to connect to another Sonicwall VPN

Thanks!

Bryan

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title