Re: Actiontec MI424WR DLNA Problems
aforty
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is pretty unbelievable. Got a new router today with 4.19.36 (was having an unrelated problem, they sent me a new router) and now IGMP Proxy settings are nowhere to be found. 

This is unacceptable!

0 Likes
java_man
Enthusiast - Level 3

Welcome to the club! Smiley Frustrated

0 Likes
parrot3

I believe I had the same issue and found a solution to the UPNP problem.

I tested with one wired PC and another wireless Laptop.

All I did was to connect my old E2000 (DDWRT equipped) router configured as wireless bridge repeater (UPNP is built into DDWRT) with the ActionTec Router and connect everything to the E2000.

Let us see when Verizon fixes the IGMP and UPNP issue with their FIOS router.

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

@tns wrote:

Does 4.19.36 add anything, e.g. ipv6?

Just got it.  Confirmed that IPV6 options are on the config pages.  So probably needed for the IPV6 rollout.

archangel5610
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hey all, I had the same issue. I just fixed it based on what user Adam said on page two and a few days later Verizon pushed out another firmware upgrade. I went to advanced, IpV6 and changed it to "Enable", my share was found again by my Google Revue. Looks like that's all it took. 

archangel5610
Enthusiast - Level 1

Enable IpV6, should fix it. It's on the Advanced page. At least it did it for me. My revue could not locate my LaCie UpNP share, as soon as I enabled the IpV6 it found it without issue. 

drd737

I hooked up a Pioneer network receiver back in June and everything was fine until about 3 weeks ago.  Did the fix to IMPG and everything was ok again.  Now regardless of whether IPv6 is enabled or disabled,  I cant access the receiver on any other devices (phones, ipad) anymore.  Is there a fix for this or does verizon just enjoy making thier customers miserable?  Anyone have any experience with Comcast?  I am really just about done with paying more to get less and less.

0 Likes
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

aforty wrote:

... Got a new router today with 4.19.36 ... and now IGMP Proxy settings are nowhere to be found ... 

java_man wrote:

Welcome to the club! ...

Dear "aforty" and "java_man" club members,

Hope this helps:

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-Internet/Communication-between-wired-and-wireless-network-on-actio...

0 Likes
java_man
Enthusiast - Level 3

I tried enabling IPv6 - no joy

0 Likes
Fog80
So I also have my pc on wireless and ps3 hardwired and cannot communicate between the two. As soon as I put them both on wireless it works (but that's not what I want). I have the 4.19.36 firmware without the igmp proxy setting.

Called tech support and wasted an hour with them with no solution other than "if people are having success rolling back the firmware, you should too".
0 Likes