Actiontec MI424WR Rev. 1
jcoop2691

I am posting here hoping that someone will be able to shed some light on this issue and let me know if maybe I ended up with a bad router.  I upped my internet plan from 15/5 to 50/25 recently and because I was disappointed with my wireless speeds not improving, I purchased the wonderful $79.99 Actiontec Wireless b/g/n MI424WR router.  The major problem is it will not renew the IP address or DHCP lease.  The internet light on the router just sits with the amber/orange light and does nothing.  No matter how many times I reset, unplug, disconnect, reconnect everything-NOTHING works and I am curious as to whether or not the router may be bad.  I mean it's bad enough that I am paying more for the internet then I have to purchase a freakin $80 router instead of them just providing it to their customers that already pay a fortune and the **bleep** thing doesnt even work.  And to top it all off, no matter what time of day I attempt 1800Verizon, i just sit on hold and no one ever picks up.  Please shed some light on the issue.  

0 Likes
Re: Actiontec MI424WR Rev. I
tns
Master - Level 2

Note that you have to get the ONT to release the address it assigned to you old router before the new one will pick up on your rev I (letter i).  There is a way to do this yourself by releasing it with the old router connected (http://www.dslreports.com/faq/15898), then removing it and installing the new router.  Or you can have Verizon send signals to release it.

Not sure why you are having trouble reaching 1 800-verizon unless its the wee hours like right now.  Normally they will pick up fairly quickly. 

0 Likes