Actiontec MI424WR Rev. F Router Reboot
SteveP2
Contributor - Level 2

Hello all,

I have a rev. F router and everytime I make a change to the router's system settings the router blows up and reboots. I have been watching the syslog carefully to see if anything shows up but nothing I can make out. I am running firmware version 20.19.8, and this seems to be the most current.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Steve

0 Likes
Re: Actiontec MI424WR Rev. F Router Reboot
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

What particular settings are you changing? There are a good handful of settings that make the routers reload modules or completely reboot due to how major of a setting it is, but for stuff like Port Forwarding and the Wireles settings, they should not warrant a reboot. UPnP and the Firewall, for example often requires the reloading of several modules, so this might be causing reloads if you're touching those settings but they should be nothing more than all connections dropped for a second or two and the entire unit doesn't shut down and perform a full reboot.

Does your system log indicate it is rebooting or does it show logs from before the reboot?

0 Likes
SteveP2
Contributor - Level 2

This was not only when I was changing a setting but the router would just restart on its own. I have replaced it with a rev. D router and things have calmed down. I am going to call Verizon about the router.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Probably is best to do so. Ideally, the Rev. F would be the router to use if it can work consistently as the Rev. D is. Just because it's a Gen 2 router, bigger NAT table and actually has a Draft N Wireless radio in it. I'm hoping the fix for it is nothing more than a 30/30/30 reset on the router and perhaps a firmware upgrade, or something silly such as mixed power adapters.

0 Likes