Actiontec MI424WR Router Connection Problems
TJNIXON

Over the past several days I have continued to have intermittent internet connection problems. All my computers are wired eithernet connections to the Verizon FIOS Actiontec router. I called FIOS tech support yesterday and they were no help, the said they found no problems with the connection.  The tech support said it was most liley a problem with using Dell Computers as most problems that he has had to troubleshoot were Verizon Customers who used Dell Computers.  Well I have 3 Dell Computers and 2 are VIsat and 1 XP...All have the same intermittent internet connection problesms.   I notice that wihle  tying to connect to a webpage the Actiontec router looses connection, the WAN Coax and Internet lights go out.  It take the router 10 -30 secs to reconnect to the internet. I have re-booted and also have performed a hard re-set of the Actiontec router, same problem still ocurring again today. It has ocurring on all 3 computers and there is no specific website. Just a couple a minutes ago lost conneciton while reviewing the football scores on ESPN.com.

Does this look like bad router or NAT Address problem that people are talking about.

0 Likes
Re: Actiontec MI424WR Router Connection Problems
Provider7
Contributor - Level 3
The first thing I would check is your coax connections.  You shouldn't be loosing your Coax wan connection.  Check it there are any old splitters on the coax, check the ends and make sur ethey aren't cruddy crimped connectors.  If everything is new I would call the fsc and tell them that your loosing your wan coax light and arrange to have a field tech visit.  It could be something as simple as wiring or something more involved such as replacing your ont.
0 Likes