Actiontec MI424WR router failure to power up/boot up
RE2
When I power on the Actiontec MI424WR router, all that happens is that all the lights just blink rapidly (including the little green one on the power pack plugged into the wall).  After a short period of time, everything just shuts off.  I have tried a hard reset, as well as leaving off for a few minutes and disconnecting all network connections.  Has this router bit the dust?
0 Likes
Re: Actiontec MI424WR router failure to power up/boot up
Justin46
Legend

Most probably.

How long have you had the ActionTec router? The power supply provided with ActionTecs early on (2 or 3 of years ago?) have been known to have problems and either kill the router or themselves. Verizon sent out a boatload of replacement power supplies. As far as I know more recent versions have not had the problem (mine has not, for example). But of course any electronic device can bite the bullet at any time.

I suggest you contact the FSC and request a replacement, I think they could ship one overnight or maybe dispatch a tech to check/replace it.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
RE2
Have had it at least 2 if not more years.  Do you have the FSC number?
0 Likes
Justin46
Legend
Fiber Solutions Center: 1-888-553-1555
RE2
Thank you.  I will give them a call.
0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

You are welcome.

By the way, if you have never called the FSC, be prepared to hold a while. One thing I have found is that if you say "agent" at each of the prompts you will reach a live person pretty rapidly.

Just a suggestion.....

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
RE2
Good tip.  Thanks.
0 Likes