Actiontec MI424WRI- Router Features Not Working
PatrickN1

I notified the following problems to Actiontec and they told me to contact Verizon as in Resolution below. Has anyone experienced the same problems? If so can you share the outcome? Thanks in advance.

Incident Summary
=========================
It appears to me MI424WR(I) has these problems:  - Under Access Control, Blocking TCP ports by a device's MAC address  does not end at specified ending time.  - Cannot delete an existing Parental Control rule for Blocking ALL  Internet Access.  Thank you for your help.  LB

Resolution:
You will need to contact Verizon at 8885531555 with these issues. They will need to change the programming if they determine it is an issue.

If this solution did not resolve your issue please submit a new incident.
http://support.actiontec.com/email_support/support_form.php

Sincerely,

Actiontec Support Team

0 Likes
Re: Actiontec MI424WRI- Router Features Not Working
Hubrisnxs
Legend

What Revision Actiontec do you have and what firmware release is it?   

Both should be found on the system status page 

0 Likes
Williamh85

Its an I router. Gen3, Newest one. Thats why it says  Actiontec MI424WRI (i). Theres only 1 firmware that I know of for that one.

I have seen the "Cannot delete an existing Parental Control rule" before. Ended up Fact resetting to make it go away. Im sure thats a glich in the rotuer software. Im sure theres a way to report it to someone somewhere and in time they will fix it but I have no idea who or where. Im sure the other issue may be part of the same problem with that rotuer.

Most ppl dont setup those settings on the rotuer. U can always call and get a new rotuer mailed but if it does the same thing... software issue.

0 Likes
PatrickN1

Thank you Willamh85 for confirming the device's information for me and for the temporary solution for deleting Parental Control rules. About Access Control, even though blocking TCP ports by IP addresses works fine, the problem is that, if I start/stop blocking the ports by devices' MAC addresses, then it does NOT stop/start the blocking at a requested END time. The reason I prefer to block by MAC addresses over IP addresses is that IP addresses keep beeing reassigned by DHCP.

Again, thank you all so much in advance for any permanent solution to theses problems.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Those are the different firmwares for the rev I in the last 4 months.    that's why I asked.   

If you continue doing it by IP address, then you can get all the devices to pull the same one over and over. 

That might be an ok work around

0 Likes
PatrickN1

Thanks Hubrisnxs. Your static IP workaround sounds great! I will test it and if there is any problem I will post here. Here are my router's specs:

Firmware Version:40.19.36
Model Name:MI424WR-GEN3I
Hardware Version:I

Meanwhile, does anybody know how to let Verizon's programmers know of these problems so they can be fixed in the next firmware release?

Again, thanks so much in advance.

0 Likes
PatrickN1

... I should clarify that the problem I have trying to block ports happens when I implement the blocking using user pre-defined Network Objects with MAC adrresses.

0 Likes
PatrickN1

...Another thing I want to add is that user-defined 'Network Objects' by MAC address always appear on popup lists when you define your rules, whereas the DHCP devices appear ONLY when the devices are turned on.

0 Likes