Actiontec MoCA adapter with wireless N router for FiOS user
jong2
Hi FiOS tech people,<br>I have one Actiontec MI24WR modem/router (rev I) Verizon installed for my plan (FiOS TV &amp; Internet 75/35). It is placed in the family room downstairs and connected to my laptop using Ethernet cable. At the same time, I need both wired and wireless internet connection for different PCs/wireless devices located upstairs. I wonder whether I could get the same FiOS speed I signed up, as well as wireless N, if I connect Actiontec Ethernet over coax MoCA adapter to my wireless N router (Medialink Wireless N broadband router 802.11n, 150 Mbps, 2.4 GHz with internal antenna). In this connection, my wireless N router will interfere with MI24WR router?<br><br>What are the best possible options for me?<br>
0 Likes
Re: Actiontec MoCA adapter with wireless N router for FiOS user
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes, you can do this and will get the same performance as if you are attached to the the ActionTec router.   To use the wireless N router, you need to actually use it in "access point" mode.   You do so by connecting it to the MoCA adapter via a LAN (not WAN) port and by assigning the LAN interface of the access point a static IP address (on the same network as your ActionTec router) and disabling the DHCP service on the access point.  You should also use the same SSID (on a different channel) with the same security method and password as your ActionTec wireless.

0 Likes