Actiontec Modem Problems

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Actiontec Modem Problems

Message 1 of 5
(420 Views)

Hello,

All of a sudden my Playstation 3 stopped connecting to the internet. After a long time on the phone with Sony, the determined some of the router settings needed to be changed, as there was nothing wrong with the PS3. They told me to contact my ISP. I've tried everything, from unplugging and plugging back in, to applying the DMZ host in the wireless settings, to lowering the security level - nothing works. Sometimes the PS3 finds the IP address and fails to connect, other times it fails to find even the IP address.

I believe this started when the power went off and the modem was shut off. Please help! Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Actiontec Modem Problems

Message 2 of 5
(413 Views)

Is the PS3 using a Wireless connection?

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Yes

Message 3 of 5
(412 Views)
Yes, sorry forgot to mention it's a wireless connection, WPA2.
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Yes

Message 4 of 5
(400 Views)

Alrighty. By any chance are other devices on your wireless network seeing any issues with speed, or even reliaiblity itself?

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Actiontec Modem Problems

Message 5 of 5
(390 Views)
Nope - I've got my iPhone on the wifi network working fine, as well as 2 laptops. No problems with any of them.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.