Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Actiontec Rev. F port forwarding - is filtering by IP possible?

JoeSchmoe007
Contributor
Contributor

Actiontec Rev. F port forwarding - is filtering by IP possible?

Message 1 of 4
(630 Views)

I would like to know if Actiontect Rev. F router allows filtering by IP address for port forwarding (similar to Windows 7 firewall, Advanced Settings, "Scope" tab). That is I want only requests from specific external IP address to be allowed through.

3 REPLIES 3
dslr595148
Trivia Champ
Trivia Champ

Re: Actiontec Rev. F port forwarding - is filtering by IP possible?

Message 2 of 4
(625 Views)

Points to your other thread at

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r26265890-Windows-7-firewall-and-port-forwarding-from-FIOS-router

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

JoeSchmoe007
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 4
(623 Views)

@dslr595148 wrote:

Points to your other thread at

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r26265890-Windows-7-firewall-and-port-forwarding-from-FIOS-router

My original thread dealt with Windows 7 firewall - I still haven't found a way on Actiontec router. On my other DSLR post someone mentioned there is a checkbox somewhere in Actiontec UI to specify external IP address. I am not seeing it anywhere.

lasagna
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Message 4 of 4
(606 Views)

While I have no direct experience with doing this as I only port forward SSH inbound and restrict the source IP's on the client itself, there is an "Advanced Filtering" option on the firewall menu which would appear to allow you to set a filter which would allow restricting by source address various types of traffic.

In theory, you would set a port forward up to permit the traffic inbound for all source addresses and then use a filter (most likely a broadband coax or thernet filter on the inbound traffic) to permit the traffic from the desired source address and block it from all others.

Certainly somewhat convoluted.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.