Actiontec Revision G (Wireless N Router)
Srod123
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was wondering if there was a way for Verizon to upgrade me to the latest router.  I have called them in the past but they informed me that Verizon does not have a Wireless N Router but I checked online and it appears that many have a Revision G of the Actiontec model and that it supports Wireless N.   It would be nice if Verizon could upgrade me to the latest router, after all I have been with them since their initial offer in my neighborhood.

Has anyone been able to just easily call Verizon and have them sent you an upgrade to your existing router?

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Actiontec Revision G (Wireless N Router)
Srod123
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ok so what I am hearing is that maybe I should just cancel the service and then sign up again as a new customer and hope that they give me new router since I am out of the 2 year contract with verizon.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Unfortunately, there isn't a good way to do that. 

What most of us do, is buy our own N router, and then just piggy back it to our actiontec's. 

Can I use my wireless or an extra router along with the Verizon provided router?

spacedebris
Master - Level 2

This has been asked and answered many times.

Verizon does not support wireless, so they do not distinguish between the N and G. They just send you what ever router they have on the shelf. They will not send you a specific router. And while the Rev. G router does support N, it is not a true N router. Verizons position is that if you need wireless N, then you can go out and purchase your own router and add it to the system.

Verizon will not upgrade the router to any specific model and most of the time if you ask them, they will still say they do not have an N router, but this is mostly because it is not supported. Your on your own for getting an N router.

Srod123
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ok so what I am hearing is that maybe I should just cancel the service and then sign up again as a new customer and hope that they give me new router since I am out of the 2 year contract with verizon.

0 Likes
Anti-Phish1
Master - Level 1

@Srod123 wrote:

Save yourself the trouble.  You won't get the rev. G unless you sign up for 150./35 service.

spacedebris
Master - Level 2

Even if you could get the Rev G on the regular plans, the chances of you getting one would be negligible. Even the Rev F model which is the new generally available model would be unlikely. New customers are still getting a mix of Rev A-F. And it doenst matter if you are new or existing, the same process applies. You get the one they have on the shelf. As far as Verizon is concerned there are no differences between the models. Now for us end users, there are big differences, but for Verizons supported services, they make no distinction. If you need more than they give you, you are on your own to upgrade the equipement to meet your needs. The Verizon router is only there to support their needs, not yours.

NYmailman

By canceling they gave you the upgraded router?  Or did you just threaten them? LOL

0 Likes
cktech
Enthusiast - Level 1

New customers (my father/ grand father) just signed up for triple play 89.99 and they both got gigabit dual antenna N routers, calling in they said they are for new customers, old customers will have to wait until they are released to main distriubution. D'OH!

0 Likes
snakster
Enthusiast - Level 2

Main distribution?  What does that even mean?  If it wasn't for me buying a Rev G off of eBay, I'd still be rocking a rev A.  It's this router situation that has me seriously consdiering a return to Comcast.  Sure I'd have to buy my own, but I could get what I want and it would actually cover my house without me having to set up MOCA bridges so certain areas can be connected.

0 Likes
MikeSawyer1

That's what I was told today. It makes no sense what-so-ever.

0 Likes