Actiontec Router mi424-wr d
RichK60

My wireless connections just stop at random times.  I have checked it with 2 laptops and a Kindle.  It will work fine for days and all of a sudden nothing.  No wifi.  I turn the router off wait about 10 minutes and usually it will then work.  This has gone on for the last few months and most of the time it' works OK so i just live with it. 

I would appreciate any suggestions on how to get this fixed.

0 Likes
Re: Actiontec Router mi424-wr d
poekhali

I have a similar problem. Seems to be intermittent. Started up after recently switching to higher speed internet.

0 Likes
Re: Actiontec Router mi424-wr d
Hubrisnxs
Legend

the channels are probably your key to success.   open a browser, and go to http://192.168.1.1 user name is admin.  and the password is most likely the serial number found on the service tag of your VZ router unless you changed it. Once you login succesfully, go to the top and hit wireless, then on the left basic security.   then go to option 3 

like the above poster said and change it from auto to 11, put the check mark for keep settings after reboot, save it and try it. 

if it doesn't like 11, change it to 6, if it doesn't like 6 change it to 1. 

you should really only use those three channels.    one of them will be your magic number.

0 Likes