Actiontec extender unable to connect or synch to quantum router
Byraer1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Here is my prob. I opted out of cable and phone so my quantum router has no coax, it's directly connected to the portable ont box in my living room. I called customer service they told me to connect the ethernet port to the actiontec ether port because i have no coax. This did not work. So how do you connect actiontec to quantum router without a coax? Btw my old router reached the back bedroom with no issues and this fancy without antenna router is not making the grade. Once again I have just internet not cable coax to speak of.

Love Thomas

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Actiontec extender unable to connect or synch to quantum router
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

The extender needs to connect to the router either over Ethernet cable or. coax.   In the case of coax, since you don’t have TV, just view it like any other cable - you need a direct connection to the router from the extender.  If your going thru house wiring, watch for splitters.that arent MoCA rated.  In many newer homes, the coax all runs back to a single point near where utilities enter the home — if you don’t have TV, it’s likely the two cables aren’t connected together — which you do with a coupler.

View solution in original post

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The ethernet connected to the extender should work. They can be connected via coax or ethernet. If using coax there will also have to be coax connected to the Quantum router. 

If it doesn’t sync to the router you can manually login to the extender with the local IP 192.168.1.x and chage the SSID/password. You will have to login to the Quantum router to see what IP that it assigned the extender. 

lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

The extender needs to connect to the router either over Ethernet cable or. coax.   In the case of coax, since you don’t have TV, just view it like any other cable - you need a direct connection to the router from the extender.  If your going thru house wiring, watch for splitters.that arent MoCA rated.  In many newer homes, the coax all runs back to a single point near where utilities enter the home — if you don’t have TV, it’s likely the two cables aren’t connected together — which you do with a coupler.