Actiontech MRI424WS number of connections possible?
Carpat

I have the actiontech router for my Verizon FiOS and several items that need to be connected to it from my xboxes, PS3 laptops and mobile devices.  I foudn a setting in the FiOS router that states "number of connections" and goes from 1 to 10. 

The question I have is that  from time to time one of our laptops seems to never be able to connect to the internet (Vista shows local access only).  Is this because I have too many items on the router?  Is there a way around this limitation.  If I had know this I would never have signed up for this. 

Is the only way around this to buy another router and hook it in sequence to the actiontech?

Thanks for your responses.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Actiontech MRI424WS number of connections possible?
Hubrisnxs
Legend

where exactly do you see that?   like on what page or after clicking what items in the router?

the router actually supports upto 254 some odd connections.

physically out of the box 4 hardwired connections and any number of wireless that fit within that configuration.

The screen you are looking at MIGHT be the number of pc's that can be logged into the verizon interface at one time, and not the amount of active connections.  

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Hubrisnxs wrote:

where exactly do you see that?   like on what page or after clicking what items in the router?

the router actually supports upto 254 some odd connections.

physically out of the box 4 hardwired connections and any number of wireless that fit within that configuration.

The screen you are looking at MIGHT be the number of pc's that can be logged into the verizon interface at one time, and not the amount of active connections.  

Wow, that's a little scary.  I have a Westell 9100Em and I currently show

Connections Active Connections: 258 Approximate Max. Connections: 154000

We must be talking a different connections page, there can't really be that difference between the 2 routers can there?

I accessed the connections screen by following the router users guide

I currently have 14 devices connected 

Verizon FiOS Router (Model 9100EM) User Guide
13.10 Connections
If you select Firewall Settings in the top navigation menu and then select Connections in the left submenu, the
following screen will appear.
The connections list displays all the connections that are currently open on the firewall, as well as various details
and statistics. You can use this list to close undesired connections by clicking the “X” icons. The basic display
includes the protocol type, the different ports it uses, and the direction of the secured traffic.
• Active Connections—this value represents the number of active concurrent connections.
• Approximate Max. Connections—this value represents the amount of additional concurrent connections
possible.
• Connections Per Page—use this drop-down list to select the number of connections to display at once.
Click the Advanced button to display a more detailed connection list.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Perhaps this is why

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/16233

And perhaps this is what you can do about it

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/16077

?

0 Likes